Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Good morning! Happy Easter Monday to you!

http://www.kaltoons.com/wordpress/2009/04/easter-cartoon/

First of all, I want to let you know that I have completely updated my Pictures page! All of my photos have been edited and compiled into albums based on location and/or experience. Each album contains tons of pictures, so make sure to scroll through them all! Enjoy!

Today will be a day of catch-up for me: on schoolwork (I have my paired internship class!), on my blog, on laundry, on cleaning - it is spring after all, right? You could fool me by the snow falling here in Prague, but I don't mind too much (yet).

I have spent the past two weeks here in Prague, and I have been up and down. My mom suggested that I've simply become an adrenaline junkie from traveling so much, and just don't know what to do with myself on a normal day now. I think there might be some truth to that! The good news, then, is that my travels will be starting up again this weekend with a trip to Barcelona, Spain! I am very excited, and I absolutely cannot wait for the warm weather and the Spanish beaches on the Mediterranean! If the temperature is above 65°F, you will see this girl in the water! My blood has to have thickened up from the past two months in the freezing cold weather, so I can take a bit of cool water!

On that note, happy two-month anniversary to me & Prague! Okay, so technically that was Saturday. I can't believe it has been two months, already! That is 40% of my trip, gone - a truly frightening statistic! Looking back over the past two months, I am both very proud, yet disappointed in myself. I have done a lot! I've made a great friend in my "buddy" from my program, Tereza; I have trekked across Bratislava, Slovakia by myself in the snow; I have reconnected with acquaintances from home and developed wonderful friendships; I have traveled alone and taken chances on other people; I have visited Berlin, Germany and vowed to live there at some point in my life; I have gained incredible experience through working my internship; I have visited Vienna, Austria and been inspired to enjoy the beautiful cultures that differ from my own; I have gained so much self-confidence and independence; I have visited Rome, Italy, seen the ages-old history that it offers, and can better understand one of the most accomplished periods in human history; I have developed and matured my personal views on so many topics; I have ventured out by myself, taken chances, and reaped the benefits; I have learned, I have grown. The list could go on for pages.

I am very proud of these things, and I know how lucky I am to have this opportunity to mature and grow through an experience this incredbile.

But, I want more from myself.

I want to spend each and every day learning something amazing. Don't get me wrong, I learn something every single day here, but I want more. I don't want to waste even a second of this period of my life (or of any part of my life at all, for that matter), and I need to get better at pushing myself to do just that. The first step, of course, is being aware of the problem, which I most certainly am, so it only goes up from here! I am working on this, and I have taken baby-steps in the right direction. I always expect more out of myself, though, no matter what, and I need to remember that patience (and particularly patience with myself) is a skill that needs exercising for development, too.

I cannot thank my friends & family enough for all of the support you have shown me! This has been and will continue to be the time of my life, and I can already feel that I will pine for and fondly remember this experience throughout the rest of my life. I could not have asked for more love or support from you guys, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!! I love you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Easter in the Czech Republic is celebrated with a few traditions that are quite different from those celebrated in the United States! Stay tuned!

http://www.candyboximages.com
http://globalvoicesonline.org
http://www.weirdomatic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment