Friday, April 5, 2013

I finally figured out my future!

I know what I want to do with my life.

Okay, not really, but I know what I want to do in the near future, and it's THIS.

Well, it's kind of that...I want to spend a substantial amount of time traveling throughout the United States, writing, taking pictures, and meeting my fellow Americans.

Traveling through Europe has been incredible, and I am so so excited to continue my journeys, but I stumbled upon the above video, and it has me watering at the mouth to plan the next step in my life. At first I thought, "Someday. Someday I'll do this," but then I remembered one of my favorite quotes, which I happened to see graffitied on a wall in Vienna. That quote reminds me that, "The perfect moment to start is always now."


So, why not? What's stopping me? I have a car, making traveling around much much less expensive than flying throughout Europe, I graduate from college (yikes!) in almost exactly a year and one month, I am young, have no real responsibilities yet (i.e. children, etc. - thank God), and I only have this one lifetime to pack in as much adventure, experience, and learning as I possibly can. So, again, I ask, WHY THE HELL NOT?!


Reasons why I should not spend a year traveling & seeing my amazing country:

1. It's not the normal thing to do. Well, I'm not normal, so whatever.

Reasons why I should spend a year traveling & seeing my amazing country:

1. My country is absolutely incredible. Is there a more diverse country in the entire world? I'm talking people, land, culture - this is my own backyard (a 3.97 million square mile backyard), and it's just full of interesting things to see and do and experience. Just thinking about all of the people I could meet, how many stories I could hear, is making me want to start planning RIGHT MEOW!

2. I have a car with less than 65,000 miles on it, and I am sure my Baby Car would love to see and experience the wonderful country that produced it. Yup, it's a Ford ; )

3. As previously mentioned, my country is incredibly diverse, and I want to meet the people who I share a nationality with. Everyone has a story, everyone is the way they are because of their personality and circumstances, and I want to hear those stories.

4. I could possibly make money doing this. Maybe. I'll figure it out. Maybe.

5. There are a million and one more reasons, but I'm in Barcelona, so their documentation will have to wait!!!


I just got so excited about this, and I had to post about it, but later when I have more time, I will share more of my thoughts and feelings on this topic. For now, I must explore this city that I am totally infatuated with, Barcelona, Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment